School2Work is a youth career development and job placement initiative that prepares high school students with disabilities for successful transitions to the competitive workplace.
CCS coordinates this innovative and collaborative project, building on expertise and employer connections developed through its nationally recognized Way2Work supported employment program.
The results are meaningful jobs in the competitive economy – jobs that are rewarding personally and financially to the employee and that meet the needs of the employer or marketplace.
School2Work’s year-long program offers students:
- Career exploration: work-site tours, job shadows, employment assessments, etc.
- Work-based readiness training: informational interviews, resume building, soft skills
- Paid work-based learning experiences: rotating internships
- Job development/retention: individual plans for supported employment, job coaching, credential training
- Job placements: the goal is for all students desiring employment to be employed as they transition from high school
- Individualized services that are tailored to fit each student’s specific needs