Champlain Community Services (CCS) leadership (our management staff and Board) is working hard to protect the health and safety of the people we serve, and of our staff, and to help to support a coordinated community response during this unprecedented health emergency.
CCS is NOT CLOSED. We are working diligently and creatively to deliver essential, person centered supports prioritizing the needs, health and safety of our consumers while maximizing the health and wellness of our staff and community. Where possible, staff is working and meting remotely.
During this evolving crisis, our response remains a work in progress as far as details (many outlined in documents an updates below), but our direction and commitment remain clear.
We are monitoring and complying with emergency recommendations and protocols from federal, state and local government and health care officials and establishing in-house protocols and procedures aimed at maximizing the health and safety of everyone associated with CCS and our community.
We will continue providing regular updates and offering links to important information on this page.
CCS RESPONSE TO COVID-19
CCS Plans and Protocols
- CCS Coronavirus/COVID-19 Response Plan
- Planning for increasing threat levels
- CCS building entry pre-screening protocol
Updates from our Executive Director
- From the Director (LATEST): Update 6/01 at 4:58 p.m.
- From the Director: Update 5/28 at 6:06 p.m.
- From the Director: Update 5/26 at 4:12 p.m.
- From the Director: Update 5/20 at 7:52 p.m.
- From the Director: Update 5/19 at 8:36 p.m.
- From the Director: Update 5/18 at 3:53 p.m.
- From the Director: Update 5/14 at 4:30 p.m.
- From the Director: Update 5/13 at 6:40 p.m.
- From the Director: Update 5/12 at 7:33 p.m.
- From the Director: Update 5/11 at 6:05 p.m.
- Earlier posts: (see archived posts here)
State of Vermont Resource Sites
- Vermont Dept. of Health COVID-19 response
- Dept. of Disabilities, Aging & Independent Living (DAIL) COVID-19 webpage
- VT Mental Health & Developmental Services: General Guidance and COVID-19 FAQs
- VT DAIL Memo to providers of home-based supports
- VT DAIL Recommended Precautions for Caregivers
- VT DAIL COVID-19 Guidance to Independent Employers & their Employees
GMSA Self-Advocates Tool Kit
The Coronavirus or COVID-19 is changing our lives in many ways for a while. As of March 9, 2020, Green Mountain Self-Advocates (GMSA) has been co-hosting three zoom meetings a week. In response to our conversations we have created this toolkit about the Coronavirus. It focuses on “need to know” information. Our goal is for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities to have plain language information during this national crisis.
Links to important additional information
- COVID-19 Precautions for Caregivers
- Guidance on using Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Mask wearing 101: How to use and re-use a mask
- Social Distancing Poster
- Plain language info. COVID-19 (English)
- Plain language info. COV/ID-19 (Spanish)
- Helping Families Cope: Parent/Caregiver Guide
- Sustaining well-being for healthcare staff
- Webinar for DSP on COVID-19 risks and protocols
Resources to stay connected with the world while sheltering at home:
- The Ultimate Guide to Virtual Museum Resources, E-Learning, and Online Collections: the list compiled by MCN!
- Staff Connection Stuff: the list we made together!
- CCS Staff Facebook Group
- Employee Assistance Program, Invest EAP